Sunday, July 19, 2009

Ikan Bakar

My best ever "ikan bakar" experience was at Jimbaran Bay in Indonesia. A great variety of delicious live or fresh fish, squid, crabs, king prawns and lobsters prepared on the open grill of burning coconut husks. Dining on the sandy beachfront a few feet from the water with romantic candlelight and live music. The damage for us was close to Rp1.5 million though.

Back home in Malaysia, my favourite "ikan bakar" spot always be the Restoran Sri Tanjung at Tanjung Lumpur, Kuantan (103° 20' 28.2"E, 3° 48' 22.2"N). Since my buddy Zahurin, a local Kuantan guy introduced this place to me back in 1998, I never missed to patronise them whenever I stay overnight there (Mind you they only open after Isya' till midnight).

Yesterday, I was there and here are our menu...
















Grilled Giant Crabs (Ketam Bakar)
















Grilled Cockles (Kerang Bakar)
















Grilled Garoupa (Kerapu Bakar)
















Chili King Prawns (Udang Besar Bercili)
















Chili Giant Crabs (Ketam Bercili)
















Chili Lala Clams (Lala Bercili)
















Chili Mussels (Kepah Bercili)



No comments: